We care about your privacy.
www.hasalmfb.com is not an email service, but a corporate website. Registration is not required on this corporate website, but is available to visitors interested in receiving our newsletters and email updates.
HASAL MFB’s customers have the opportunity to make choices about how their personal information may be shared, and we encourage you to make choices that enable us to provide you with quality products and services that help you meet your financial needs.
Security of personal information
Safeguarding your personal information is our main concern. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable federal laws to secure your information from unauthorized access and use, accidental or unlawful alteration and destruction; and other unlawful or unauthorized forms of processing. We engage in the continuous training of our employees in the proper management of personal information. When we use other companies to provide services, we require them to protect the confidentiality of personal information they receive.
At HASAL MFB Ltd., we take data privacy very seriously and we provide our customers with all necessary data security to protect such personal information from unauthorized access. We require any third parties who carry out any work on our behalf to comply with appropriate compliance standards to protect your information. We are pleased to announce that we comply with global best practices.
The information we collect
HASAL MFB will only collect your information in line with relevant regulations and laws.
How do we collect information?
We may collect information from a range of sources and it may relate to any of our products or services we currently provide or may have provided in the past.
We collect your personal information when…
- you open an account or perform transactions such as make deposits or withdrawals from your account, payment history and transactions records
- you apply for a loan or use your debit card
- you seek advice about your investments
- you seek information from our customer service provider, information concerning complaints and disputes
- we seek information about your credit history from credit bureaus
- you provide account information such as your personal details e.g. name, gender, date and place of birth; contact information such as address, email address, and mobile numbers, provide your employment information
- you provide information concerning your identity e.g. photo ID, passport information, National ID card and nationality
- you use your login credentials for online banking and mobile banking apps
- we conduct necessary investigations i.e., due diligence checks, and AML/CFT checks and obtain information that we need to support our regulatory obligations, e.g. information about transaction details, detection of any suspicious and unusual activities.
Note that we may collect information about your computer (or mobile device), including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration or for our own commercial purposes. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual
How we use your information
- HASAL MFB will only use your information when you have provided your consent or when the Bank is required by the law to do so.
- We use the information we collect to provide customers with excellent products and services, to manage our business and to offer an enriched and enhanced customer experience.
- We make appropriate use of your data to manage transactions, respond to your requests, and to provide you with more relevant products and services.
- We use your information to deliver our products and services, carry out your instructions, and provide Online Banking, mobile banking and other online product and services.
- We use this information to detect and prevent financial crimes including fraud, financing for terrorism and money laundering, this is to ensure security and business continuity.
- We will use your information to meet our compliance obligations, to comply with laws and regulations and to share with regulators when absolutely necessary.
- We may also use personal information we have about you such as your email address to deliver advertising to you directly or on our websites, provide updates on special deals and offers that might interest you (unless you tell us otherwise).
- We may send you general announcements or important news about your account, request your feedback and we believe you should be able to select what kinds of information you receive from us via email.
- We may need to record conversations you have with us including phone calls, face-to-face meetings, letters, emails and any other kinds of communication. These recordings may be used to check your instructions to us and improve on our product and service delivery.
Who we share your information with?
The Bank, in efforts to provide you with excellent products and services may need to outsource its product delivery, this will be done in line with relevant regulations and law. We may share your information in order to provide you with products or services you’ve requested.
We may also share your information where we have a public or legal duty to do so, when we need it to conclude regulatory reporting and when we have requested and received your permission to share it.
- The right to be informed
- The rights to access
Individuals have the right to access information the Bank holds, access their personal data and other supplementary information and obtain information about how we process it
- The right to restrict processing
Individuals have a right to ‘block’ or withdraw their consent to our processing of your information, which you can do at any time. When processing is restricted, we are permitted to store the personal data, but not further process it.
- The right to rectification
Individuals are entitled to have personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete. If this personal data in question has been disclosed to third parties, they must be informed of the rectification where possible. The Bank must also inform the individuals about the third parties to whom the data has been disclosed where appropriate
- The right to erasure
Individuals have the right to request the deletion or removal of personal data where there is no compelling legal or regulatory requirement for its continued processing. The Bank will make sure that this right is protected.
- The right to data portability
We will ensure that personal data is moved, copied or transferred easily from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way, without hindrance to usability.
- The right to object
Individuals have the right to object to our processing of their information in some circumstances.
A cookie is a small file that is placed on your computer’s hard drive. Its functions include storing your login and session statuses, recording your user preferences and analyzing web traffic.
Cookies enable websites and applications to store your user preferences in order to enhance your overall website experience by better understanding your preferences, likes and dislikes. They also allow websites to identify when users are logged on their site and when they return to their site, test new content and analyses web traffic with data analytics.
Apart from the date that you elect to disclose and share with us, we cannot access your computer or any other information about you with cookies.
Although most browsers automatically accept cookies, you can amend your browser settings to disable cookies. This may however prevent you from fully experiencing the website as it was intended.
Individuals are responsible for making sure the information provided to the Bank is accurate and should inform the Bank on any changes as it occurs, this will enable us to update your information with us.
This Privacy Notice may be updated from time to time and the most recent version can be found on www.hasalmfb.com